Great things to do in Auckland
- Cruise to the volcanic island Rangitoto, then hike to the summit.
- Ramble around the Waitakere Ranges or go canyoning through pools, waterfalls and slides.
- Walk over Auckland’s iconic harbour bridge or bungy jump off it.
- Quad bike through Woodhill Forest, then blast along Muriwai Beach.
- Discover the city’s early history on the Tamaki Hikoi – a Maori guided walk.
- Zoom up the Sky Tower for huge views of Auckland, followed by Sky Jump or Sky Walk.
- Cruise the harbour on a yacht or catch a ferry to the historic seaside town of Devonport.
- Visit Waiheke Island to discover wineries, beaches, craft shops and cafés.
- Visit the Otara Market, the world’s largest Polynesian market.
- Drive through the countryside to Clevedon, a genteel rural village that specialises in authentic arts and handcrafts.
- Enjoy a round of golf at Formosa, a world-class golf course with blockbuster sea views.
- Discover the tunnels and disappearing guns of North Head Historic Reserve, remnants of New Zealand’s World War II defences.
- Play golf at Gulf Harbour, a cliff top golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones II.
- Catch a ferry to Tiritiri Matangi, an island bird sanctuary in the Hauraki Gulf.
- Drive north to Waiwera Thermal Resort for a dip in the hot pools or a relaxing massage
- Go snorkelling at Goat Island Marine Reserve – the fish are incredibly friendly.